One size fits all
While riding Downhill the saddle is hardly used for sitting, it serves to guide the bike on the track and in the air. The SMD2 is designed for this application and does not require different seat widths.
SMD2 – The Downhill-saddle
In an intensive development period the requirements for the SMD2 were formulated with Downhill professionals: the first saddle from Ergon on the barely sat, but the more the control of the bike serves. The entire surface finish follows an oblique orientation of the seat and leaves the driver full freedom of movement. A padding around all edges improves the guidance of the bike with the inner leg. Other important Downhill features include the best saddle racks and an extra-large tire-free rear at the rear, for the rear suspension.
Color up your ride!
The SMD2 Comp comes with stable CroMo rails and in three color concepts blue, red and stealth. The saddle shell is made of carbon composite. Thanks to the anti-slip seat, the saddle provides optimum support in seat passages.“My first impression of the SMD2 prototype concerned the form. Exactly the right length, especially on the saddle nose, for better control plus the grip and stability of the back surface. I could move freely, but always had contact, if necessary, about the inner leg. These were definitely the core points for me.” Fabien Barel (3x Downhill World Champion, Vice World Champion Enduro and Enduro World Champion Team. Fabien Barel has so much experience as hardly any other racer.)
- Seat surface: Anti-Slip seat for optimum grip in seat passages (mod. Comp/Pro Titanium). Robust and easy to clean microfiber seat cover for a long durability.
- Form: Flowing saddle contour follows the Downhill typical movement – for a smooth descent.
- Enough space for the rear tire: Extra flat, short tail without edges for maximum space of the tire during the compression of the rear body.
- Surface: Low-Friction coating for low friction with quick change of position and pedaling.
- 360° edge protectors: Circular edge padding for maximum protection and best leg support.
Cushioning: FoamMaterial: Rails: Chromoly steelShell: Carbon CompositeSurface: Microfiber with anti-slip surfaceWeight supplement: manufacturer’s specs
There are no reviews yet.